2016. Good, it’s over…
A year ago was my last entry that I had pre-scheduled to post. A year ago today my dad passed away unexpectedly. That was the start of 2016 for my family.
- My cousin’s wife and my friend passed away from cancer, also unexpectedly. To this day my heart is broken for my cousin and their two small children.
- My beloved dog, Koda, needed to be put down for kidney failure, he was only five years old.
- People we know, their son was murdered on Valentines Day.
- Both my kids were in separate car accidents (not their fault) in one weekend, both vehicles written off. Thankfully, all the people were fine.
- A severe accident caused major injuries at my son’s work place, my son was okay.
- My daughter dislocated her patella (knee cap) – twice!
- We renovated, sold and bought property and moved – from the city to the country.
- I did my best to take care of my mom, my kids, and two foster boys. Thankfully, I have James.
And that is just the tip of the ice berg, seriously there was more… talk about Living Lunacy. And from what I see on social media, my family wasn’t the only one to have so much go wrong, 2016 seems to have spread itself around the world.
So, this is a New Year – 2017, and anything can be better than last year. I have brushed myself off and I’m ready to take on opportunities and make them happen!
This blog will be active again and I hope you’ll follow. Here’s what’s coming:
- Sundays – Meal of the Week. I’ve recently being diagnosed diabetic. (Oh yeah, add that to the list above.) I will post the best meal I make each week, including raw vegan meals. I’ll also show how we incorporate different diets into a diverse household of eaters.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays – photography feature.
- Mondays and Wednesdays – bi-weekly – a glimpse at my writing life.
- Friday/Saturday – random adventures.
Cheers to 2017 and hoping you fill your year with amazing adventures!